Antigua and Barbuda – the beautiful Caribbean Island that lures in millions of travellers every year – has become one of the most sought-after citizenship by investment destinations.
Read on to know more about this exotic piece of paradise and its immigration process.
Antigua and Barbuda – At a glance
The two-island nation of Antigua and Barbuda rests at the converging point of the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean. Antigua stretches with about 95 miles of beautiful coastline. While Barbuda is surrounded by protective reefs, a large lagoon, and a bird sanctuary. The islands are best known for their friendly people, laid-back lifestyle, diverse culture along with pink-and-white sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters – offering work opportunities in tourism, agriculture, and healthcare.
The tropical climate and the international mix of citizens makes it a perfect ‘second home’ for many. That is why, the nation also attracts hundreds of applications for Antigua and Barbuda citizenship and passports, every year.
Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment and passport benefits
Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment program was started by the government to boost their economy. The process is completely hassle-free, which makes it perfect for investors looking to quickly migrate to the nation. All you have to do is make an investment and the passport will be in your hands shortly!
Here are the reasons to get your citizenship by investment:
· Access visa-free travel and privileges:
With this nation’s passport, you can travel visa-free and have visa-on-arrival access in 150+ countries of the world. You can travel to countries like the UK, Hongkong, Singapore, and Europe’s Schengen Area with your family. Incidentally, Antigua and Barbuda is a member of the Commonwealth which entitles the citizens to certain privileges in the UK and other member states.
· Get amazing tax benefits:
At Antigua and Barbuda, there is no estate tax on the property you own. You will have a huge advantage if you want to invest in the pre-approved property acquisition investment option. There’s also no tax on worldwide capital gains and income which makes it easy for you to build your empire in the country without having to pay heavy taxes.
· Retreat into a relaxed life:
The country has become a destination to relax, retire, and reside peacefully. People are laid-back and extremely welcoming towards immigrants. The country is an excellent Plan B for retirement and spending your days in peace in the pleasant tropical climate.
· Experience a safe haven with dual citizenship:
The country is an awesome place to have your own your second home. It is well-connected and has air links to both North America and Europe. Keeping that in mind, you can apply for citizenships of more developed nations like the US, the UK, Germany, and others while keeping your Antigua and Barbuda citizenship. It will always allow you to have your own safe home in this country when there’s a political turmoil or a pandemic like the Covid-19 happening in the rest of the world.
· Enjoy Fastest visa processing time:
Most citizenship programs of the world take more than 12 months to process – some even take a couple of years. But for Antigua and Barbuda citizenship, you just have to wait 4 – 6 months!
Antigua and Barbuda Passport Cost:
The Antigua and Barbuda investment visa for your second citizenship can be obtained in a hassle-free way.
Here are the two investment options and an estimation of the Antigua and Barbuda passport cost:
- You must invest USD 100,000 in the National Development Fund Contribution or a government approved property.
- You can invest USD 400,000 in a pre-approved property acquisition, which will get you and your family the Antigua and Barbuda citizenship and passports
To qualify, your citizenship application must meet the following requirements:
- The main applicant must be over 18 years of age.
- The minimum contribution to the National Development Fund is USD 100,000 and non-refundable.
- Real estate must be purchased with a minimum value of USD 200,000 from an approved real estate project and cannot be disposed of within the five-year period. Two applicants can make a joint investment with each applicant investing a minimum of USD 200,000 to qualify.
- The direct purchase of an eligible business can be made for a minimum amount of USD 1.5 million as an individual. Alternatively, it can be a joint purchase where each person contributes at least USD 400,000, totalling a minimum of USD 5 million.
Timeline and Process of the Citizenship Program:
You and your family can officially become the citizens of Antigua and Barbuda. The duration is just 4 months from the date of application and the process is also simple.
You will have to file the preparation and submission in the first month and also pay the advisory and due diligence fees. You have to submit the citizenship file in the second month. In the third, you will make the investment in the Government approved property or invest in the National Development Fund Contribution. In the fourth, you will receive your naturalization certificate and your passport will be issued to you and your family.
To conclude, it is good to have some professional assistance when applying for your second citizenship. At Passport Legacy, we are happy to guide you through the process. So, apply for your Antigua and Barbuda citizenship and passport today.