Residency by investment programs are founded upon the national laws and regulations of the country in which they are offered. The Greek residency program presents a broad application criterion, as it is open to all non-European citizens who are over the age of 18. Prospective investors are also presented with a wide selection of possible investment options to secure alternate residency.
What is the Greece Golden Visa?
The Greece Golden Visa offers permanent residency to its holders through an investment in real estate. This program affords immediate five-year residency in Greece to the investor and their immediate family members, as well as visa-free travel in the Schengen Zone, which includes countries such as Italy, France, and Switzerland.
A broad criteria for residency
This residency by investment option is only open to investors who do not presently hold citizenship from a country in the European Union. As of 2021, applicants are no longer required to conduct applications in person and may apply for the program remotely. They should also adhere to the following criteria:
- Present a clear criminal record.
- Provide evidence of a significant investment in Greece.
- Obtain health insurance from a company operating in Greece.
Benefits of the Greece Golden Visa
As a member state of the EU, Greece offers many reassuring benefits, including:
- No requirements to live in Greece for any duration to renew the residence permit.
- The option to rent out your property after the final purchase has been made.
- Access to Greek education and healthcare
- A non-expiring residence permit.
- Applicable residence to all members of the family (including a spouse, children under the age of 21 and parents of the main applicant and spouse).
- Eligibility for a Greek passport and citizenship after seven years of residence.
- Ability to hold shares and receive income from the dividends of a company registered in Greece.
Which types of investments qualify for residency
Greece offers an extensive range of investment opportunities that can be considered before commencing the application process, including the following options:
- A real estate property with a minimum value of €250,000.
- A lease agreement with a tourist establishment for a period of 10 years
A low investment threshold in a promising market
Among the Golden Visa programs in Europe, Greece has the lowest investment threshold, as you can invest as low as €250,000 in property to qualify for the program. Investors can consider the following options:
- Real estate investment in a property with a minimum value of €250,000
- A 10-year lease agreement for hotel accommodation or furnished tourist residences in tourist accommodation complexes
- A 10-year time-sharing agreement for hotel accommodation
Obtaining Residency in Greece with Passport Legacy
Passport Legacy is an approved agent for the Greece Golden Visa Program. You can arrange a free consultation for information about the application process and the benefits offered by this program by contacting one of our Client Advisors. Our team will assist you in the process of obtaining and completing the required documentation for Greek residency and facilitate the entire application process.